Senior Back-End Developer
We’re a Vancouver company currently recruiting for a Senior Back-End Developer. Join us at this pivotal time as we are poised to take InTouch to the next level!
We’re passionate about adding great people to our team. We want people who have hustle and a desire to make things better.
You will work in a fast-paced agile environment with the development team and other product team members to implement new features in short customer-ready release cycles.
This position will begin contributing right away to our Java based back-end platform which in turn supports our move to a modern front-end web experience.
- Help develop and maintain aSaaS based web application.
- Work as part of a collaborative team of stakeholders to translate business needs into real products – we want you to jump right in with some heavy lifting and start writing code that ships!
- Fully participate in our agile development processes.
- Bring new ideas and solutions to the team as an active participant in sprint planning and other meetings.
- Share team responsibility for testing and quality of all release products.
- Ensure details of the specific changes to the system and the potential impacts of these changes are clear to QA team members and assist in determining test scope.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in our core technologies.
Software development experience using Java on the back-end of a SAAS web platform. Experience with technologies such as application frameworks (e.g. Spring), ORMs, unit/integration testing, project management (Maven/Gradle), and software version control.
- The ability to build consensus with stakeholders, including excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to maintain a highly positive working relationship with other team members.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with our back-end technology stack – Linux, Java, Spring, Spring Boot, myBatis, JUnit, Mockito, PostgreSQL, Tomcat, Eclipse, Maven, and Git.
- Exposure to our front-end technology stack – HTML5/JS/CSS, TypeScript, Angular, Responsive Web Development, SPA, Web Storm, Grunt, Node, NPM, Bower.
- BSc in Computing Science or Computer Engineering or relevant experience.
- Hands on experience on a team building a SaaS product.
- Experience with the agile approach to software development.
- Experience with integration and performance testing tools.
- A good level of understanding working with Linux on a deployed environment.
We are a dynamic SaaS company based in Vancouver. We help health clubs run healthier businesses. We’re entering a rapid growth phase and we’re looking for awesome people to join our team. We value team work, innovation, integrity, and passion. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and want to be part of a growing business and vibrant team, where you can see your contributions make an impact, this is the company for you.
InTouch Technology is the leading provider of CRM software to the health and fitness industry. We have an international footprint and are found in over 800 health clubs around the world. We help health clubs get & keep members. And we want to help more health clubs do the same.
How to apply:
Send a copy of your resume and any portfolio links to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted. The position is on-site at our Vancouver, BC office.